Connectivity is one major reason for errors in QuickBooks. Often times windows firewall blocks connection to network for QuickBooks services. Connectivity errors such as H505, H101, H202 and H303 can be constantly faced because of firewall blocking your connection. Further, it is difficult to spot the errors caused by Windows firewall. QuickBooks file doctor often misses these errors. To remove such hindrance, users can follow the steps given below:
Allow QuickBooks and its services through firewall.
- Goto Control Panel and Select Windows Firewall
- Click on “allow a program or feature through windows firewall.”
- Select all the programs that you want to allow through windows firewall.
- Click ok.
This will ensure that windows allows all the selected executable through windows firewall. Windows does not register all executables present on the system. This ensues a problem as the individual services installed alongside QuickBooks still cannot be allowed through the firewall.
To allow the services not listed through windows firewall follow the steps given below:
- Goto Control Panel
- Search for “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.” This option can also be accessed through the windows firewall window.
- Click on Inbound
- Select ‘New Rule’. This option is in the right panel of the currently opened window.
- Click on Program(Rule that controls connections for a program.)
- Select the checkbox against ‘This program Path’
- Browse and select the executable for the service you want to allow through windows firewall.
- In the next window, select the option ‘Allow the connection.’
- Click next and checkmark all the options provided. These are the options that tell firewall which type of connection should the program be allowed through.
- Type in the name of the rule along with description. You can type in a name such as ‘Payroll Allow’ which will simplify the task of finding this rule later and making changes to it.
Users would have to repeat the same rules for allowing the outbound connection. Users need to select the outbound option given beside the inbound option and then click on create rule. Rest of the steps are same as the one for inbound. After doing this open QuickBooks. If the error still persists then try turning off windows firewall.
In case you have your software’s as well its data on a separate server or a cloud server then you need to contact your service provider in order to get the issue resolved. Database synchronization errors can occur due to incorrect path entered into the software. Make sure that correct path for the company file in entered in your QB accounting software.
Turning Windows Firewall off
This method should only be used as a last resort. Your system becomes vulnerable to hackers, malwares and ransomwares. This method should only be used to check if the error is resolved by turning off the firewall.
- Goto Control Panel
- Click on Windows Firewall
- Click on ”Turn windows firewall on or off.”
- Click on disable windows firewall
Reopen QuickBooks in order to check for the resolution of error. After this you should switch back windows firewall. It is an essential component of windows security and is needed to protection against hackers and malicious software’s. You should consider turning off firewalls that come along with antivirus software’s. Many security software’s include antivirus, anti malware and firewall solutions. These programs can block the connection of particular services they deem insecure. You can either temporarily turn off these software’s or uninstall them in order to continue using QB services.
In case you are facing errors, make sure to diagnose and troubleshoot with QuickBooks File doctor. Connectivity problems can arise due to several reason, one of them being windows firewall. If you still cannot access the QB service then contact your internet service provider. Internet service providers pre block many ports that can cause security issue for the user. In many case UDP ports are blocked which are essential for many services to connect to the internet. You internet service provider can troubleshoot and resolve this problem easily.
QuickBooks Number support accords solutions for errors and issues that users face while using this accounting software. We can help you in troubleshooting the root cause of connectivity issue faced by your software. Our round the clock support service enables you to garner solutions anytime, anywhere. You can contact us through our toll free number 1855-481-5335 and get quick solutions from our QuickBooks Technical Support [http://quickbooksnumber.support/]team.