QuickBooks software is one of the most sought after accounting software that has captured a huge share of financial software market by providing users with top notch services and exemplary customer support team. Intuit has setup an impeccable support team qualified to handle all sorts of errors irrespective of the situation and causes of the issue. However, there are always complex problems faced with QuickBooks that can stump the user for a long time resulting in loss of business as the issue is not resolved in time.
One such issue and query was inquired about by the QuickBooks user regarding the QuickBooks Server 2003 employed in multi-user mode. The query and issue was quite complicated and asked by many user for swift resolution.
Query: The users are running the Database Server Manager on their 2003 version of Windows Operating System. The issue is whenever they remotely access the server, Database Manager automatically stops running. The user has to manually login to QuickBooks through server, change the mode to single user and then log-out of the system. Then access the software again and re-change the mode to multi-user and again log-out of the system. Once this process is complete, users have to start the Database manager all over again followed by scanning the company files in order to check whether the system is working properly or not. The user is asking whether there is a setting that causes interruption with the Database Manager along with how common is this issue and corresponding resolution for the same?
Answers regarding the three questions asked by the users are:
First of all there is no setting within the software because of which the Database Manager working gets interrupted. The issue is quite common with users employing Windows Server 2003 and there is a feasible solution for the same. However, before proceeding to that there are certain points to be kept in mind:
- First and foremost, user will be required to configure the settings from the console (accessible through Keyboard, Monitor or Mouse) through remote desktop option via “%windir%\system32\mstsc.exe /console”.
- Use the “administrator” credentials to login within the system.
- Customize or remove firewall software and settings on the server.
- Customize the server settings to automatically login as the ‘administrator’ user to the desktop using either “TweakUI” or “regedit”.
- Install a completely updated full version of QuickBooks (preferably the latest one) to the server.
- Configure the desktop to go to a screensaver and be password protected on resume. This will lock the desktop after the wait time passes, securing your server.
- Open the company file and login as Admin. Next setup the QuickBooks software access to Host Multi-user access, and then log-out of the software.
- Restart the server, remove the keyboard/mouse, watch the monitor to test the auto logon to the desktop, and then remove the monitor.
- Open QuickBooks on a client computer. Confirm that Host Multi-user access is turned off. Confirm that any firewall software is turned off. Then, open the company file to test network access to QuickBooks.
- This will ensure QuickBooks environment stabilized and working smoothly.
In case the user is apprehensive regarding the security in following the resolution, then the process of locking the desktop system ensures the server’s admin desktop is also secure. It is important to disconnect with the Console RDP and not just logging off. Another important point to keep in mind is that firewalls are generally located in the gateway to Internet hardware.
If the above points of solution do not help to resolve and configure the setting of Database Server Manager in tandem with Windows Server 2003, then the user should immediately get in touch with the experienced QuickBooks experts. This issue can be dealt by the user alone or by contacting the QuickBooks experts for sure shot resolution. In the situation user still faces the same problems; it is recommended to approach the QuickBooks experts who are extremely knowledgeable regarding all things QuickBooks set up by Intuit. Moreover, if there is any issue in connecting with the team of QuickBooks for the same user can connect with us at our toll free number +18554815335 and live chat option on our website – quickbooksnumber.support.