For making onetime purchase or transaction, we require to create some items. After the transaction takes place, we may require deleting that item permanently from the list. To delete the inactive items from QuickBooks list, one needs to follow some simple steps. Here are those steps:
- First of all, you need to login to the QuickBooks and check your dashboard. At dashboard, you shall find all the items that are created by you.
- Select an item that you want to delete permanently, and then right click on that item. Right clicking will open up a few options for you, and you need to choose the delete option from there.
- This will remove your item permanently from the list.
- Once removed, the item shall not appear on your list. To make it appear again in your list of items, you need to select it manually from deleted list and restore again.
- On the other hand, you can also need to mark an item as inactive so that you can use it later. The item is not usable at this moment, but may be usable in future, and thus it is always good to mark the item as inactive rather than deleting it from the list.
- In order to mark an item inactive, click on the item, and right click on it. You shall get the option to mark the item as inactive.
You may have questions related to Deleting & marking items inactive in The QuickBooks:
- How to make multiple items inactive in QuickBooks?
- How to delete an inventory item in QuickBooks?
- How to delete an inventory item in QuickBooks online?
- How to delete multiple items in QuickBooks?
- QuickBooks inactive items report
- How to view inactive items in QuickBooks?
The process is easy, but some users may face trouble in carrying out the process. For them, calling up Intuit support center is the smartest thing to do.