QuickBooks Accounting software is one of the most popular software that has made the professional life of accountants and bookkeepers all over the world a lot easier than before. This feature rich software comes with user friendly intuitive interface in combination with powerful tools that ensure timely completion of financial activities with least scope of errors. It also offers powerful integration opportunity with other third-party application and programs like Windows Word, Excel, and PDF etc.
The integration with applications generally do not cause much hassle for the user, at times one might end up with problems like printing of the document in PDF format is not successful. The QuickBooks Software states that the user does not carry Adobe PDF through which printing needs to be completed. However, the user currently does carry Adobe on their system. To illustrate more on this issue, user might face any of the following messages along with the error elaborating what area of the system or software is causing the issue to crop up:
- There is a problem connecting to your currently selected printer, Microsoft XPS Document writer on XPS port.
- Could not print to printer.
- Error: QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component: Missing PDF file component.
- QuickBooks is not responding.
- PDF Converter shows offline.
- You cannot print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- The device is not ready.
- Unable to save as .pdf file.
- QuickBooks could not save your form or reports as a .pdf.
- QuickBooks freezes when you try to reconcile accounts.
- Print Driver Host for 32-bit Applications has Stopped Working.
- Unrecoverable error.
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error -20, -30, or -41.
- Error 1722 or 1801 when installing PDF Converter.
Intuit offers three main solutions for this PDF not printing error. It is quite possible that the first solution itself might resolve the error or user may need to follow all three solutions to get desired results. Thus it is recommended that user should follow the same format the resolutions are illustrated in to garner best result and also make sure they try to print PDF after every error resolution in order to know which solution worked the best. Furthermore, Intuit also advises users to update their software to latest version and upgrade option. The three solutions are:
- Using Print and PDF Repair Tool
- First step is to visit QuickBooks site and locate the link for QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair tool.
- Click on the link to download and install the tool.
- Once the installation is complete, let the tool repair the damaged file. Now again try to use .pdf file because of which the error crop up.
- It is possible that the issue is resolved. However, if the error still persists, restart the system and again try to resolve the error.
[Note – In case the user is unable to print with XPS printer even out of QuickBooks then the user needs to get in touch with their IT support team or Microsoft assistance since the XPS Writer is not considered to be one of Intuit product.]
- User employs Windows but not Terminal Services
- Ensure that the XPS printer is not at fault by employing it on a document apart from one of QuickBooks.
- If the issue is with the software, the user needs to reinstall the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
- Reconfigure user permissions and restriction in the Windows as per XPS Document Writer.
- Reset settings regarding the security aspect of the software.
- Repair, reconfigure or reinstall MSXML 6.0.
- For the purpose of the form a new template needs to be created.
- Ignore the print spooler (for Terminal Services only).
- Ensure Reconcile Window is not malfunctioning beyond the software
[Note – In case the QuickBooks software seems to lock again and again once the option of reconcile is selected from the drop-down menu of Banking, however, the PDF feature is working properly then it may be a probability that the reconcile window might be appearing beyond the software as well.]
- Select the menu of the Windows and locate reconcile window in the list to make sure it is included.
- Select the tab labeled Close All to start the process of reconcile again.
The above illustrated steps ensure that the user can easily resolve the error of PDF feature under which the print of the same is not working, manually. However, for any issue in following the steps QuickBooks expert team can be approached. Moreover, if there is any issue in connecting with the team of QuickBooks for the same user can connect with us at our toll-free phone number +1-855-481-5335 and live chat option on our website – http://quickbooksnumber.support/.