QuickBooks accounting software is especially development for streamlining the business accounting process of small and medium sector companies. The software is embedded with rich functionalities that make the software top preferred accounting software. With its extended editions the software meets the requirements of all the business sectors. But as we all know software and issues go hand in hand. Similarly, QuickBooks also is prone to errors due to technical or functional deficits. Out of many errors “QuickBooks has stopped working” is a familiar issue reported by the customers. Let us find out the reasons for the occurrence of the error and how to fix the issue.
Must Read Topics When QuickBooks Stops for Various Reasons
- QuickBooks Database Manager Stops Working when Accessing the Server Remotely
- QuickBooks Not Working Due to Network Connection Error
Possible Reasons for the Occurrence of the Error
This QuickBooks error message may crop up unexpectedly due to the following reasons mentioned below:
- In case the QBWUSER.INI file is damaged.
- Corruption or damage in the hard disk.
- In case the Program file has got damaged
How to fix the Issue?
Intuit has recommended methods to resolve the issue when you face this error message. Follow the solutions in the sequenced mentioned below for proper resolution.
Reboot your System:
You need to reboot your system. Then open your QuickBooks file and check thoroughly to find out the problem. If you still face the error, then attempt disabling the antivirus program in your system temporarily. Still you face the same issue move on to second method.
Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file:
QuickBooks displays the above error message: “Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file” in case the information fed in during the installation process of QuickBooks is wrong or if the file comprising the information is corrupted. For this you need to the file to resolve the error. To delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file follow the steps below:
- You have to close your QuickBooks file.
- Then go to Windows Start button -> Run
- Copy and paste the info in the run dialog box
- Right click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and delete
If deleting EntitlementDataStore.ecml file does not resolve your issue, then go to third resolution method.
Rename QBWUSE.INI file:
Follow the below mentioned steps one by one to rename the QBWUSER>INI file:
- Select Start -> My Computer -> Tools -> Folder
- Choose the View tab
- Go to Advanced Settings-> Choose Hidden files and folders-> Show hidden files and folders
- Click Ok
- Then select My Computer-> C drive->C:\Documents and Settings\[Your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Right click the QBWUSER>INI file and rename it by replacing .INI with.INIold.
In case you are able to open your QuickBooks file after renaming QBWUSER>INI or EntitlementDataStore.ecml file then attempt opening a sample file:
- Open your QuickBooks file
- Click on Open a Sample File
- Click Sample Product Based Business
- If the sample file does not open, then follow next solution.
Install QuickBooks Component Repair tool:
Just download and install successfully the QB component repair tool on your system and then run it. On running this tool, reboot your system and try to open your QuickBooks file again.
Uninstall and reinstall your QuickBooks:
If you fail with all the above methods try uninstalling and reinstalling your QuickBooks file. There are chances that the issue might get solved.
Connect with QuickBooksNumber.Support
If you are still looking for assistance for fixing the QuickBooks error message connect with QuickBooks Support Team [http://quickbooksnumber.support/] that is a renowned QuickBooks Consulting agency. The in house experts will help you to resolve your issues and queries in a short time. The QB experts are experienced and knowledgeable. Call to our toll free number 1855-481-5335 and avail the best error resolution services round the clock.