QuickBooks 2015 enables users to void checks and record the voided checks as well. Prior to this, the voided checks would just be deleted and you would not have any record of them. With QuickBooks 2015 you can now view all the checks that have been voided. You can even see all the details relating to the checks, i.e., check amount, date on which check was created.
In real life it is a cakewalk to void a check. You can simply write void on the whole check and record the entry. Void checks to not make a difference on Balance Sheet but are required to enter in case you would want that information on a later date.
QuickBooks 2015 enables you to do this and more. It makes the process of creating a void check or voiding an already created check with sheer ease. In fact, the voided checks are automatically recorded and you can search for them anytime you would like to. QuickBooks 2015 even enables users to filter through these checks and search for them from specific criteria.
Steps to Create a Voided Check
- Goto Checks and Click on the Plus Sign
- Fill in all the required details
- Enter the date for which you want to create the check.
- Choose between random account or expense account.
- Click on more and hit void
- Confirm the void function by clicking on the menu that appears after the previous steps have been completed.
By following the steps given above you can create a void check in seconds. The process is as easy as pie.
In certain cases people want to make a previously created check void. This in fact is one of the most important things that you would be required to do. The need to make a check that has already been created void occurs regularly and for many reasons.
Steps to Void a previously created Check
- Hover the mouse over transactions.
- Click on Chart of Accounts.
- Now you need to Select the bank account for which the check was writen. Click on View Register.
- Find the check you want to void. You can search for the check or filter according to certain criteria like date created.
- Hit Edit
- In the new window click on More.
- Under More click on Void.
- A confirmation message will appear. Hit yes if you are sure that you want to void the check
The check will be voided and appear under the section of voided checks.
QuickBooks 2015 has a large community and you will easily be able to find whatever information you need regarding QuickBooks 2015 on our website. QuickBooks 2015 not only makes voiding checks easier but also printing them out. With this new version of QuickBooks you can easily batch print a large amount of checks at once. This saves a lot of time and curtails the hard work that would be required to sign each and every check. You can also create digital signature which will abet you in further saving you time.